Friday, September 17, 2010

Dr. X


It's not often that you pitch a crazy idea to a client, and it actually turns out exactly as you imagined it.

Our Dr. X project for Luminex was one of those rare exceptions.

Luminex is one of my favorite clients - they have patented technology for laboratory testing.  Through Elephant Productions and working with flash animation guru Cal Rogers, we've done a lot of work for the company over the past several years, including many online training modules.  They're a young, fun company, and this project was one of the craziest!

Dr. X on set 
The idea was to create a viral video that explained their technology with humor.  We pitched creating a fictional 50's scientist - a take off on those classic 50's films.  Check out the video here. (Click on the Dr. X tab.)  By the way, "Dr. X" is actually a real scientist who worked at Luminex and has many patents to his name.  Yes, and he really does speak Danish.  I love a good Danish ad lib.

Can you make science funny?
Well, that video was so well received, that Luminex came back to us for two more funny videos.  Sure...I could write a silly script once, but twice?  Petrified, I sat down this summer to write another two installments of the Dr. X serial.  You can see the next installment here....just scroll down.

Another Dr. X addition is coming soon - and honestly, I hope the series continues.  However much that scares the "comedy" writer in me. (yes, I use that term very loosely.)

3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious. I loved the gleam in his tooth at the tag line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO great! Congrats, Michelle - you always amaze me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, there's another one that is going to be released soon, that is my favorite! Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete